Sunday 18 November 2012

CALIFORNIAN KINGSNAKES - Canary and Caramel?!

As many a Californian Kingsnake as I have seen over the years they are one of those rare things I always have a soft spot got.

I also am not into the albino nor colour forms being produced in so many species of snakes ... BUT ... I must say that while some colours produced are hardly worth it there is the small amount that are quite striking.

This, it turns out, only applies to ONE of the two Californian Kingsnakes in the picture below and this is a real surprise to me as for all the Callies I have seen I have never seen one with the dark colours as light and caramel like as the one in the upper portion of this photo!

Also in the picture, as you can or will see, is a very yellow form that was very pretty to look at and both these snakes were VERY adult size! Not young adults in other words!

Cannot remember the latin other then the genus of Triangulum or at least it was. Probably something really stupid that I cannot remember it like californiense. Remembering guttulatus, or gutattus (which does mean spotted), but think that was a Florida or Speckled or maybe another animal entirely?!



No comments:

Post a Comment