Tuesday 1 December 2015

GIANT BANDED FIRE SALAMANDER (EATING A SLUG)

Well been a long time since I had these guys and I am so glad I have them again.

I love Fore Salamanders and this form of Salamandra salamandra fastuosa (giant form) is fantastic and one of the top three or four Fire Salamanders for looks, colour and pattern.

I have a few other videos I am going to do on these and some Giant Fire Bellied Toads (Grobina (Bombina) maximaa) another Bombina and some Parsley Frogs (Pelodytes punctatus) among others.

I went out and collected some slugs to give these a treat as these guys love them and can smell the thing even. I saw one male out and him nose own with the scent and did not think immediately to grab the camera. I then started filming and you could not see the salamander so I then stopped filing and grabbed a pen that had a torch built in to be able to see him.

Here is the video of him devouring a slug ...


No comments:

Post a Comment