Tuesday 30 July 2013

NEW ARRIVAL - SET OF VIVARIUMS




Here is a new arrival I forgot to post about, a bit busy with other things.

It is one complete unit with a set of four Vivariums with each one being 8 to 10 inches square with metal mesh lids for ventilation. I am going to set up a number of features with each one being very different from the next. I will also set up my own lighting which will only total a few watts, except one that may be 16 watts, lol.

SOme silicone sealer will be the order of the day to set these up with each one looking extremely good and perfect for what I want and what suits the animals I have in mind.

Yes well you may well wonder what I have in mind so I will give you a little idea of what I am currently thinking but this may change depending on what is available as I might see something that really grabs me and I have to have it, lol.

Anyway here is what I have in mind....well sort of...

LIZARDS

Jeweled Ground Geck - Stenadactylus stenadctylus are a dead certainty here
Dwarf Chameleon of some kind or other

FROGS

HYPEROLIUS MARMORATUS
HYPEROLIUS TAENIATUS
RHACOPHORUS REINWADRTII (Proper ones with loads of blue and not the ones I have seen dotted about)

TOADS

Northern race of Green Toads - Bufo viridis but preferably young Natterjack Toads - Bufo calamita
Oak Toads - Bufo quercicus

SALAMANDERS

PAINTED ENSATINA (Ensatina escholtzii)
TYLOTRITON KWEICHOWENSIS
TYLOTRITON LAONENSIS

I do also have two others one the same dimensions but taller by about 4 to 6 inches that houses three botanical orchids within it and already receiving light and heat.

I also have a bigger one still which is also a stand alone one that is 10 or 12 inches long.

I am also thinking of adding more similar ones either another set the same or bigger one of just THREE sections?!

So as well as the weather cooling down which means I will now get moving again and helped by the fact that my bike has now been completely fixed and only yesterday I finally sorted out the gearing once and for all?!

Turns out that I fiddled with the intricate setting of the rear derailleur as we as the front one last year which must have been when the rear axle become broken!! Well even though I got those three gears back I had not been able to access since last year I had a problem whereby some shifting on the crank-set was a bit iffy and I could not get the rear gears quite right. With the rear cassette being 7 speeds what I was getting was rattling towards one end of the gears. Either towards the cogs with the most teeth and widest diameter or the ones with the least and the smallest.

I spotted the little screws that do the fine tuning on the front derailleur and started adjusting them and got that spot on, it seems and fingers crossed.

I then turned my attention to the two screws on the rear derailleur too and altered them. Of course it dawned on me that one screw adjusts towards one end of the cog for going up a gear while the other screw adjusts for the other side for going DOWN a gear, lol.

SO in my desperation to fiddle with a bike not worth spending money I did not have on I spent a great deal of time trying to do things myself. This did not really change this year either until a month after I changed the rear axle and realised something was wrong. Fed up with working on that because it is first of all tricky, second of all doing things technical and intricate on something that is unmanageable size and no proper work stand to hold it when you are guaranteed to get pain in various areas you get fed up. It did not help being bloody hot too so it was dumped in a bike shop with some nice chaps to correct what I had done wrong.

If I had to do another axle I think I could now and front would be easy, mistake I made was that I undid both cone nuts on the rear and I should have undone one and left the other where it was. I did not and when it all went back together it worked but was all out of kilter. I mean I probably did 50 to 100 miles on it after I replaced the axle. My journeys to Lea Valley Park can end up being a 20 mile or more round trip and many others at around 10 miles. Also it is 3 miles to my town centre and 4 miles to the crop crossing. It is probably around 4 miles to The Meadow, another place I visit for photography and video content for my British Wildlife blog and YouTube account.

As far as the animals are concerned I am considering travelling to Vocklabruck and Innsbruck in Austria and Prague in the Czech Republic as there is a chap in each of these countries that has some very interesting things and we get on quite well. I am very interested in making an arrangement to go over in a few months time or early 2014?!

I will not say at this stage what they have or who they are, only there rough whereabouts as it would cause a bit of a stir if known what it was they had and how to get in contact with them. These chaps are highly professional and very nice chaps indeed and I would not want to see certain ... people go over and end up promising to pay at a later date and them not receiving the money...EVER, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment