Tuesday 13 May 2014

THE SPOTTED TURTLE (CLEMMYS GUTTATA) VIDEO

Another one of my favoruites for not only their fantastic colour which in the world of Terrapins, no not really Turtles as they do not possess bloody flippers, is unrivalled but also their diminutive adult size!!

This species, I have realised is quite odd as they are present with Mata Matas, is one of only three species of Terrapins I can think of I would willingly keep! The other being the Diamondback Terrapin.

These are fully grown and about 4 inches and have mated since this video was shot and also laid eggs!!

the latin GUTTATA means spotted. Oddly a favourite toad species of mine is called guttata, sometimes you get guttatus, which oddly has no spots?! Lol! I think the scientist was on some mind altering drug when he named it?! Lol!

Oh and do not ask as they are not for sale!


No comments:

Post a Comment