Sunday 21 October 2012

MY POND IN PROGRESS

Well not much of a pond really but it holds fifty gallons and filled up with rain water in just seven days!

It also run out the little overflow pipe I fitted and filled up a bucket too!!

Work in progress and I have to raise the side with the overflow pip a little and then place something around the outside, like slim Bamboo canes to make it look presentable?!

Then, as shown in the picture, I have a lid with which I will first mess around with, cut sections out of it to create a lip. This way anything I place within in the form of amphibians will not get out...well except for the section where I will place a square mos filled container for them to hibernate in that I can then remove and place in a frost free shed. I have three sheds!!

Then I will try and get a nice but small Water Lily and I am already wondering what animals I can get to live in it. I had thought about simple Goldfish, well I say simple but I never do anything simple!! I also thought abut American Rainbow Dace, like Cyprinella (Notropis) lutrensis or Notropis chrosumus but they will end up in my aquarium!

Fitted TAP wrong, do not know how, and it came off. Fitted it properly, despite measurements not being standard fits, and then realised that it MAY be WORKING but still fitted WRONG?! LMAO!

When weather warms up in Spring 2013 I can easily remedy this but it does not leak, and that is the main things. Will have to be careful turning the tap though until I make the necessary modifications, without need to empty the pond!

Of course there are the possibilities of my personal favourites...

Bombina pachypus (Itallian or Apennine Yellow Bellied Toad)
Messotrion alpestris apuanus (North Italian Alpine Newt)
Triturus marmoratus pygmaeus (Pygmy Marbled Newts)
Triturus (or whatever genus it is in now) vittatus ophryticus (Banded Newt)

or perhaps some Neurergus?!

The POND in all its glory!!
Holes in wall behind it I MAY place TWO Air tubes through with the Air Pump, double outlet Interpet one I think I have, to aerate the water. Well possibly i will see as it goes along.



 A Tap fitted to make cleaning a BREEZE!!

Some silicon sealer to collect the overflow rain water for my aquarium and Orchids

 Finally filled, well i say finally but only took a week?!

Outlets pipes can be seen to the left in white. One capped with clear plastic to fit a LIGHT, the other a TAP!


What will eventually become a LIP. Unless I see something better and easier I can buy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment