Monday 22 October 2012

Rhacophorus exacophygus

After three deaths for a Chinese meal, when I WARNED the idiot, a male was found.

After being in pretty bad shape I actually said nothing would come from this pairing as she had not recovered completely despite my knowledge of nursing things back to health...

...so she shocked even me when these two constructed a foam nest between two Spathaphyllum (Peace Lily) leaves and they actually hatched?!

I fell out with the idiot owner who stated it was rocket science and someone I met years ago apparently bred them over the phone from Manchester. That would be one Andy Gray at Manchester University and who admittedly only knows and is into Phyllomedusine frogs, i.e NOT FLYING FROGS!! lmao.

I think I have a picture around somewhere of the foam nest and the newly hatched larvae. Will post up on this blog when I find them, IF I find them?!




No comments:

Post a Comment