Monday 22 October 2012

RED EYED TREE FROGS BEING BRED (AGALYCHNIS CALLIDRYAS)

The colony of Red Eyed Tree frogs I produced for .. hmm an ungrateful friend in his kitchen!

But do not worry, it is not rocket science (he states) and to be honest it is not, well not for me. he has since sold all the babies and I hear most of not all the adults of two generations, over 40 in all.

All these were from two pairs and there are 500 larvae in the pictures, I kid you not but that time I new the second generation were ready and wanted to do it on a large scale, and I did.


Second generation Red Eyed Tree Frogs

After four lots of eggs stuck to glass in breeding chamber of my design, now being furiously copied, cheers so-called mates, lol, I found two more batches and used wire to tie them to a roof of a small pan pal lid above rain water. ERR NOT RO WATER?!?!

Second Generation. Probably found in  Crews Hill store about now!


Some younger ones.

Metamorphlings of a third generation.

Third generation froglets.

500 Red Eyed Tree Frog Larva

500 Red Eyed Tree Frog Larva

500 Red Eyed Tree Frog Larva

500 Red Eyed Tree Frog Larva







Full size larva from previous spawning

No comments:

Post a Comment